Charles Boardman WARNER
Elizabeth Bancroft OSBORN
Husband: Charles Boardman WARNER
Birth: 2 Mar 1835, Derry, Rockingham Co., New Hampshire
Death: 25 Jun 1862, Fair Oaks, Henrico Co., Virginia
Father: Nathaniel WARNER
Mother: Harriet UNKNOWN
Marriage: 25 Nov 1860, South Danvers, Essex Co., Massachusetts
Wife: Elizabeth Bancroft OSBORN
Birth: 10 Nov 1839, Danvers, Essex Co., Massachusetts
Death: 25 Oct 1861, South Danvers, Essex Co., Massachusetts
Cause of Death: Complications of Childbirth
Father: Caleb OSBORN Jr.
Mother: Elisabeth GALUCIA
1. Charles Osborn WARNER, b: 26 Sep 1861, South Danvers, Essex Co., Massachusetts
Charles was a teacher and principal of the Rockville Grammar School in Danvers before he enlisted in the Civil War. He was killed in battle at Fair Oaks, Virginia. His service record reads:
Name: Charles B. Warner
Residence: South Danvers, Massachusetts
Enlisted as a Lieutenant 2nd Class on 09 December 1861 at the age of 26.
Commission in Company H, 19th Infantry Regiment Massachusetts on 10 December 1861.
Killed Company H, 19th Infantry Regiment Massachusetts on 25 June 1862 in Fair Oaks, VA.
Charles Osborn Warner received a 'minor child' pension because of his
father's death. The pension application was submitted on 15 September 1862
on behalf of Charles. The application number is 2,737 and the pension
certificate number is 388.
Charles Osborn Warner was eventually raised by his uncle, Warren Osborn.
1) Marriage: Essex County Massachusetts Vital Statistics - Marriages, Vol. 135, Page 254
2) Birth - Wife: Danvers, Essex Co., Massachusetts Vital Records to 1850 - Births, Page 247
3) Birth - Child #1: Essex County Massachusetts Vital Statistics - Births, Vol. 141, Page 338
4) Death - Wife: Essex County Massachusetts Vital Statistics - Deaths, Vol. 147, Page 299
5) Military - Husband: American Civil War Soldiers Service Records; Massachusetts Army & Navy, 1861-1865